The Technical Services Account Manager, under minimum supervision, calls on established accounts and prospective customers for the purpose of selling in support of the field sales force and performing pre-SQF/GMP audits. He interacts with the national accounts sales staff to develop corporate presentations. He identifies and helps develop Food Safety products and services. The Technical Services Account Manager role is responsible for technical training and support.
1. Conducts Key Account Technical Audits on assigned accounts,
2. To assist and support Field Sales and account partners with technical assistance, as appropriate in support of field sales staff and national accounts sales staff.
3. Pursues new business development and expands the existing customer base by establishing additional contacts in order to ensure continuity and future growth.
4. Helps to develop and implement technical training, conducts advanced training programs for Food technical specialists & managers under guidance of VP Technical Services.
5. Expand the Technical Intranet Materials in all menu areas
6. Performs such similar, comparable or related duties, as may be required.
7. Represents RMC as a national presence in trade & industry groups.
8. Other duties as required and assigned.
Working level knowledge of sales fundamentals, practices, and terminology and of the use of a personal computer and related software applications; college level knowledge typically acquired through the attainment of a bachelor's degree in one of the natural or physical sciences. Technical expertise to act as a company technical resource for food sanitation and Food Safety programs including FSMA, USDA FSIS, and GFSI programs. This includes working knowledge & experience in applied microbiology and allergens
Three years minimum performing duties in the food / beverage markets as a Quality Assurance/Control technician or manager, or as a GFSI auditor, or as a sanitation manager.
Skills / Aptitudes:
Ability to deal, and be highly relatable with people at all organizational levels; administrative, analytical, negotiation, organizational, planning, persuasion and oral and written communications skills. Capability to move up to 60 lbs. manually or with assisting equipment.
Customer environments. Extra hours and occasional interstate travel.
See above. Relevant experience in food safety for a food or beverage company with microbiology background. Quality Assurance/Control experience preferred. S
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: $55 to 80K
About Rochester Midland Corp.
Rochester Midland Corporation provides a HACCP-based food safety program in our Food Safety Division that offers sanitation solutions to food and beverage manufacturers. Our BrandGuard Program® is made up of seven steps which are all critical components of a consultative and effective food safety program. Built into each step are the environmental, social and financial legs of sustainability. With our 120+ years of experience, we have formed long-term partnerships with our customers to provide them with the integrated solutions that will protect their business financially. Sustaining members of the I.A.F.P. and the Alliance for Advanced Sanitation at the Food Innovation Center of the University of Nebraska.