*$5,000 Sign on Bonus!!
This position is responsible for developing and managing the plant quality control environments in order to prevent internal failures; develop initiatives to improve plant performance against SunOpta quality measures resulting in reduced product holds and customer complaints; ensure plant compliance with company and regulatory standards including compliance to GFSI standards; proactively manage and mentor Quality Assurance personnel; and act as the primary liaison in regards to quality with Corporate Quality Assurance, customers and external regulatory agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, teamwork, and equity in all aspects of the job including dealing with employees, customers, ensure that the plant has adequate controls, programs, and organizational structure in place to comply with all regulations, customer and GFSI requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate records are maintained and that a well-documented tracking and recall program exists and that all employees are trained on all aspects of the program.
- Design and implement adequate tests and procedures to provide statistically significant controls for the safe manufacture of products.
- Ensure that managers and staff participate in training activities to stay current with regulatory and industry requirements.
- Provide technical expertise to all departments in the area of training, continuous process improvement, and product development.
- Write, maintain, and ensure compliance with new product specifications.
- Interface with all regulatory agencies and customers insuring optimum support.
- Serves as safety model; promote a high level of safety awareness and continuous improvement practices.
- Commit to ensuring that products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements
- Develop and implement SOP’s, plant policies, Food Safety Plans/HACCP, GMP’s, pest control, allergen control, QA documentation, and other food safety and quality elements required.
- Establish, monitor and maintain all appropriate quality programs and procedures, testing methodologies and test equipment to assure compliance to specifications and to federal, state, and local regulation for all products.
- Coordinate resolution of all quality management issues. This includes reporting on KPI's, corrective action plans, analytical/microbiological issues, held inventory disposition
- Manage and direct the staff responsible for microbiological and other quality control testing.
- Responsible for evaluation and resolution of customer/consumer product quality issues
- Ensure all quality related information required for regulatory reviews and reporting is maintained by the plant.
- Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Adheres to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.